Europa League | Lazio vs Marseille ~ Statistics
- This is the club's seventh meeting in UEFA competition, Lazio recorded four wins to one win for Marseille.
- Lazio's home record against visitors France is W7 D2 L2.
- Lazio vs Marseille predictions increasingly sided with the host because of the guest's bad record.
- Because, Marseille have only won one of their ten away matches to Italian clubs (D4 L5).
- Lazio's home record in the group stage of the Europa League is W17 D4 L4.
- Marseille are without a European away win since beating Athletic Bilbao 2-1 in the 2017-18 Europa League last-16 second leg.
- Marseille's overall away record in the Europa League group stage is W2 D4 L7.
- Maurizio Sarri has never played against Olympique Marseille before.
- The match will be Sarri's first meeting against Jorge Sampaoli.
- Sampaoli has never faced Lazio.
- Sampaoli has twice faced Italian teams, namely Juventus while still at Sevilla.
- In those two matches, Sampaoli has never won with one draw and one loss.
- The Lazio vs Marseille party is planned to be led by a German referee, Deniz Aytekin.
- Deniz Aytekin is quite experienced in leading Europa League matches with a total of 16 matches and issued 73 yellow cards and 6 red cards.
- Aytekin has only led the Lazio party once, when they lost to FCSB in 2018.
- Aytekin has never judged Marseille.